NTA has released official notification on Computer Based Test (CBT) of JEE Main 2019. From this year onwards, NTA would be responsible for conducting JEE Main and other major exams in India.
Here we would be discussing the schedule, application form, exam details, eligibility criteria and guidelines on computer based test. Let us first have a look on the current happenings of JEE Main 2019 so far:-
Release of Application Form:-The online registration for JEE Main 2019 Jan session started on Sep 1, 2018 and has ended on Sep 30, 2018. Fee payment can be done till Oct 1, 2018 (online/offline).
Application Correction Window:-For the students who made errors while filling up the form would be given one-time facility of correcting their details from Oct 8, 2018 till Oct 14, 2018.
Shift Details:-NTA would be releasing shift details on Oct 5, 2018. It means that the exam would be held in 8 sittings and students would be given a chance to choose one among them.
Release of Admit Card:-Admit card will release and can be downloaded from official website on Dec 17, 2018. Candidates need to login with their ID and password to download the admit card.
Exam Dates:-The exam will be held in between Jan 6, 2019 and Jan 20, 2019. A noticeable change is that the exam would be held in number of days and candidates would choose any date as per their preference.
Result Declaration:-Result will be announced till Jan 30, 2019 along with the cut-off (category wise).
Procedure and Instructions to be Followed for CBT Exam:-
- Candidates will be provided with separate PC for taking exam. Firstly, they have to login using their credentials.
- Aspirants are advised to check the photograph displayed after login if it is theirs or not.
- After login, a page with instructions regarding the exam, number of questions from each section, marking scheme etc. would get displayed. It is suggested to read those instructions very carefully.
- After starting the exam, the countdown timer would also come in function indicating the time you are left with to complete the exam.
- Candidates may move on to any question they want using that question number from palette.
- Any answer you mark would not be saved until you click on “Save and Next” by which your answer would get saved for evaluation and you would be directed to next question that follows.
- If you are not confident enough on any question, you may mark it for “preview” and can visit that question again once you are done with rest of the paper BITSAT 2019.
- After the time allotted gets over, your exam would be submitted by itself, candidate need not to submit the exam separately.
- If you do not visit the questions that you have marked for preview, they would not be counted for evaluation.